Don’t let the
bed bugs bite!
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Please fill in the form below for a free no obligation site survey and we will ask our friendly consultants to give you a call.
Bed bugs are small, nocturnal, wingless insects that feed on human blood and other warm-blooded hosts. They are oval in shape and grow up to 4-5mm long when fully grown. Their skin colour is rust brown to a deeper red-brown.
Bed bugs hide in unusual places such as behind baseboards, floor cracks, under carpets or behind loose wallpaper and commonly found under the “edging” of a mattress which makes them difficult to detect, they tend to stay close together and have a sweet, yet unpleasant smell, blood spotting on mattresses are a clear sign of a bed bug infestation.
Bed bugs can survive in birds’ nests and can be found in houses and buildings that have several bird nests, particularly on rooftops. They are also known to feed on bats or household pets, but their typical source of food is human blood.
Bed bugs can multiply very quickly, so early detection is essential to help prevent an even greater infestation.
If a problem is identified, upon your agreement we will conduct the following:
- The treatment for bed bugs is a 3-part program which includes a crack and crevice spray using an insecticide called Cimetrol
- We loosen plug sockets and light switches and using Ficam D we provide a dust spray behind as they like warmth
- We would pull back the “edges” of the mattress and provide a “light flick” of the Cimetrol spray treatment
- We spray all areas i.e.wardrobes, drawers, bed bases, headboards, etc
- We recommend clothes are washed in a 60° cycle, or dry cleaned; If necessary the bed is condemned
- 4 hour exclusion period required
- We leave monitor detectors containing glue boards to trap bed bugs, in order to assess at each visit
Pest Control Top Tips
Rats & Mice
Rats and mice can suffer from and carry diseases that can be spread to humans. One of which is Weils’s Disease, which is passed on by rat…
December to February is one of the most common times that you may experience a problem with foxes as this is their breeding season. however, they are…
Many people see feral pigeons as part of our natural wildlife, as they can become quite tame and will take food from your hand. However, they can be…
Wasps nests are a problem, as they can contain up to 10,000 wasps! Being stung by a wasp is not only painful but can be life threatening if you are…
Clothes moths, otherwise known as Tineola biselliella, don’t fly towards light as other moths do. Instead, they will spend months hidden in…
Ants have a variety of nesting habits, some like to build their nests in soil, others behind moldings, baseboards and counter tops; they feed on…
Bed bugs are small, nocturnal, wingless insects that feed on human blood and other warm-blooded hosts. They are oval in shape and grow up to 4-5mm…
Cockroaches are a high risk pest, they carry and can spread serious illnesses including salmonella, dysentery, gastro-enteritis and typhoid, with…
There are more than 120,000 species of flies worldwide. Most flies live an average of 21 days and take on various shapes throughout their short…