Ants on Patrol!
Whats causes ant
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Please fill in the form below for a free no obligation site survey and we will ask our friendly consultants to give you a call.
Garden & Black Ants
Garden & Black Ants have a variety of nesting habits, some like to build their nests in soil, others behind moldings, baseboards and counter tops; they feed on different types of food, including starches, meats, sweets and fats.
They are primarily a nuisance and cause little damage and aren’t generally associated with spreading disease.
The best way to eliminate an infestation is to locate the nest and destroy it.
If a problem is identified, upon your agreement; we will conduct the following:
- A water-based spray treatment using an insecticide called Ficam W is used
- This is applied to the areas where the infestation is, which could be cracks and crevices and along the edge of floor junctions
- It is a one-off treatment
- For precautionary purposes we recommend a 1hour exclusion period, whereby no one can enter the vicinity of the treatment either during or up to 1hour after completion
- However, this can only be done in an area where a fish pond is not nearby, as the insecticide could be harmful to aquatic life
Pharaoh Ants are usually smaller than garden ants, lighter in colour and are mostly found indoors. They can be a risk to public health.
Pharaoh Ants are generally found in bathrooms, kitchens, work surfaces, boiler cupboards, kettles and may infest food. Pharaoh ants have been known to transmit disease organisms, in hospitals, known as
- Keep food preparation areas clean
- Cover any loose food items and place in sealed containers
- All food rubbish should be put into a bin liner and emptied into an outside bin as soon as possible
Capital Pest control use Maxforce Quantum Gel, which is applied using a “Gel Gun” around the areas of the infestation, which would be cracks and crevices and along the edge of floor junctions.
These treatments are more complex and can take place up to 2-3 months, which can be up to 5-6 treatments to eradicate and the same process applies each time.
There is an exclusion of 1 hour for this treatment.
Pest Control Top Tips
Rats & Mice
Rats and mice can suffer from and carry diseases that can be spread to humans. One of which is Weils’s Disease, which is passed on by rat…
December to February is one of the most common times that you may experience a problem with foxes as this is their breeding season. however, they are…
Many people see feral pigeons as part of our natural wildlife, as they can become quite tame and will take food from your hand. However, they can be…
Wasps nests are a problem, as they can contain up to 10,000 wasps! Being stung by a wasp is not only painful but can be life threatening if you are…
Clothes moths, otherwise known as Tineola biselliella, don’t fly towards light as other moths do. Instead, they will spend months hidden in…
Ants have a variety of nesting habits, some like to build their nests in soil, others behind moldings, baseboards and counter tops; they feed on…
Bed bugs are small, nocturnal, wingless insects that feed on human blood and other warm-blooded hosts. They are oval in shape and grow up to 4-5mm…
Cockroaches are a high risk pest, they carry and can spread serious illnesses including salmonella, dysentery, gastro-enteritis and typhoid, with…
There are more than 120,000 species of flies worldwide. Most flies live an average of 21 days and take on various shapes throughout their short…